I have to admit, life as a mom is NOT fun sometimes! But who couldn't have guessed that? ;) Just recently, both of our boys have really given us a run for our money, and I felt like taking the time to complain about it. :) So bear with me...While Ty is still quite the angel baby, he has taken up a new habit that I am not thrilled about - sucking his thumb! I know, I know, I fell into the same sympathy trap as you when I first saw this picture, because it is SO adorable! But my greatest fear is that he will be sucking it until he is seven! (Greg did... but I didn't tell you that, remember!) It just seems like every baby I know that sucked his thumb continued to do so until he or she was quite a bit older... so as lame as it may sound, I am really struggling with it and feeling like a bit of a failure. I keep pushing the binky with him, but half the time he wants nothing to do with it. Awww... what's a mom to do?
As for Gavin, well just about every moment with him is a trial these days! (Thank heavens for patience!) While my parents continue to reassure me that he's not THAT bad, I'm nowhere near convinced! With him, every day starts at about 3:00 in the morning when he meanders into our room, half awake/half asleep, and asks for something to eat. Once his hunger is satisfied, he goes back to sleep, but only with either Greg or myself in bed with him for the rest of the night. When he wakes up again at 8:00, he screams through blinding tears, "Mom, wet, CHANGE!" Think it's time for potty training? We're considering it... The rest of the day is filled with numerous conversations similar to this:
Gavin: Mom!
Me: What?
Gavin: Car!
Me: Cool.
Gavin: Mom, Mom, MOM!!!!!!!!!!
Me: What?
Gavin: CAR!
Me: Cool, Gav (with definite irritation in my voice).
He typically continues this about 3 more times until he is fully convinced I hear what he is saying... I think he thinks I'm deaf! And I may be after raising him, who knows? ;) It's hard to believe that just 5 months ago, I was praying that he would start talking! Now I can't get him to be quiet! Wow, what a change. ;)Another difficult issue with him is his obsession with coloring. At least 5 times a day, I hear, "MOMMMMM! CUDDER!!!!" While I am glad he enjoys coloring and learning different colors, he seems to tune me out when I tell him to not color on the bar! Notice the picture? All I can say is thank heavens for Crayola washable crayons! I probably go through 5-10 paper towels a day just cleaning up the mess he made on the bar! What a kid...
Anyway, don't get the wrong idea! I do truly love my children, and they really do make life enjoyable and completely unpredictable everyday. But I have to agree with my sister Lindsay when she says that motherhood is definitely a blue collar job! So where's my paycheck? ;) Until next time! -Ash
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Awww... The Joys of Motherhood!
Posted by
The Swensons
at
10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you tried slipping in a passi when the thumb is in? Your right to be concerned because when it comes time to wean off the passi, you take it away... can't take away a thumb! Not without alot of trouble at least! :)
I miss Gavin and Ty! Love Poddy
Post a Comment