So here's a recap of the major events that have happened in our life since I wrote last! I will be brief for your sake (and mine too... I need to ease myself back into this slowly! Ha ha!)...
He's very happy that he can now wear "big-boy underwear," and I'm very happy to no longer be changing diapers! :)
Halloween 2009
Our little Jack Sparrow and Buzz Lightyear!
Thanksgiving 2009
We went to my parents' house this year and it was super yummy! As always, my mom put on quite the spread. :)
Tyler's 3rd Birthday
Seriously, I cannot believe my baby is 3 already! It honestly seems like he should only be 2, tops! But he's growing up and I guess I have to deal with it. :) This year, we decided to let both boys have separate friend parties and then a joint family party - being the slacker that I am, I forgot to take pictures of the family party, but I do have pictures of the friends parties! So here's some from Ty's "Thomas" birthday:
Gavin's 5th Birthday
We let Gavin have his party at McDonald's this year - mostly because I had no clue how I was going to fit 20 little kids in my house for a party! :) He loved it though and I think it went pretty well!
Gavin also had his preschool Christmas program the night of his birthday. We weren't able to get too many good shots but in this picture, he is at the end of the 2nd row. That is his teacher "Miss Hillary" in front. We were so proud of him for actually getting up there this year, since he wouldn't last year, and he did a great job! The boys also got to see Santa at the end, which they loved since Mom doesn't take them to see Santa at the mall - he's a little creepy and way overpriced! :)
Christmas 2009
This year, we did something different for Christmas - but in the end, I loved it! Greg had to work late and it just wasn't going to work for us to go anywhere for Christmas Eve, so we stayed home and had a yummy dinner, read Christmas stories, let the kids open one present, and opened Christmas jammies. Then on Christmas day, after the chaotic morning was over and the kids were getting bored, we headed down to my parents' house to eat and spend the rest of the day with them. It really was a lot of fun and I'm so glad we did it that way this year! So here are some recaps from then (sorry there aren't more pics - I wasn't able to get very many this year):
The boys in their Christmas jammies
Ty riding his favorite gift from Santa - a Lightning McQueen bike. He also got a cute little geotrax set from the movie Cars that he loves, but he wouldn't let me take his picture by it! Little stinker... :)
Gavin by his toys from Santa.
It really was a great day! After all the presents were opened, it hit me that Santa really needs to control himself better next year! :)
The Most Exciting News of 2009!
Back in October, we found out that we are expecting baby #3! I am officially due June 16th (my little sister's birthday, bless her heart - I promise, Kristin, that I will do everything in my power to make sure you two don't have the same birthday!) :) We are so excited to have a baby in the house again - while they are definitely a ton of work, they are also so sweet and we couldn't be more excited. The boys were also really excited when we told them - Gavin keeps talking about how he is going to hold the baby and give it bottles, and Ty (being the sensitive boy that he is) worries about me when I am sick. He's told me numerous times that I really should have the doctor get the baby out of my tummy so I can feel better. :) What a sweetie!
I am fortunate enough to have a doctor that does ultrasounds at every appointment, so we were lucky enough to find out what we are having last week! I was such a nervous wreck on the way over there - I almost didn't want to know because I didn't want to hear "another boy." But then I realized that I HAVE to know because we need all new things with this baby, and I need to know what to buy! So I was definitely a nervous wreck when we got there, but decided to go through with it and have him look. I did tell him, however, that I only wanted to know if he was "really sure." He said he was pretty sure he knew after a minute of looking, but kept going just to reassure me. After a couple more minutes of looking at that "area," he finally told me there was definitely nothing there and it was a GIRL! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I was so excited, I almost jumped off the table to give Greg a hug and congratulate him on finally doing the job right! Ha ha! No really, I absolutely love my boys and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. But I am definitely excited to finally have another girl in the family with me. In fact, after being in YW's, I now realize that I can probably only handle one girl so really, I am just fine with the way things have worked out! :)
It was definitely funny to see the boys reaction to the news though. Gavin didn't care what we were having, so he was just fine hearing that he was going to have a sister, but Tyler definitely wanted a brother so he was LIVID to find out that it was a sister! All day long, if you asked him if he was excited to have a baby sister, he would just glare at you and say, "NO! I wanted a BABY BROTHER!" Or if you asked him, "Are you going to have a baby sister?" He would say, "No!" Ha ha! The next day, he gave in a little bit and finally admitted that he was going to have a baby sister, but he made sure to add that we are going to name her "Baby Boy." :) Seriously, he has been such a crack up about it! I really hope he ends up loving his baby sister instead of hating her! :)
Anyway, we will keep more updates coming on the pregnancy and all that, but for now, I have to admit that I am completely blogged OUT! I will have to catch up on everybody else's blogs another day! :) -Ash
15 comments:
Whew - good work, that's a great post! Axton had the same Thomas cake as Ty did for his birthday. Sounds like you guys had a great holiday season and some fun birthdays!
Glad you finally jumped back into the blogging world! I looked at your blog a few weeks back & we were laughing about the fact that you had a Christmas header & background, but the last time you had blogged was September. Haha! You guys have been busy the last few months! I'm soooooo glad you finally broke the boy curse in this family. Hopefully, I can keep the momentum going with my next pregnancy. If not thought, oh well...at least I will have a niece to buy fun little girl things for!
Glad to see you back...loved the catch up news and photos. Cute kids. I am so excited to see pictures of your little girl..she will be so adorable. Congrats!
I guess the curse has run its course (but then, I don't consider it a curse...boys are a blessing! Just a very loud blessing.)
I am glad that you're back, I thought you'd given up on blogging! My mom told me that you were expecting again, so exciting and a girl!! YAY! You are going to have a shopping hayday, that will be so fun!! Congrats!!!
YAY for blogging. And I like how you always talk like you can control what day you are going to have this baby! :)
Ashlee I loved reading your update! Emily mentioned that you were having a girl!! I was really excited to hear the news. I know how to make lots of fun baby things if you're ever interested. :) Leggings, nursing cover, burp cloths, car seat cover, bows, etc. Just email me & we'll set a date. kyrstens@hotmail.com Hope you're feeling better!
Congrats! I am so excited for you both!!! After two fun boys it was a change to have a girl they are so different right from the beginning. I bet you'll have just as much fun as I have. I am grateful that my little girl will have two older brothers to protect her. I bet your boys will be the same to your precious little girl!
Congratulations! I'm so excited you are having a GIRL!! She will be adorable! I can't wait to see her!:)
Congrats on the girl!!!
congrats on the baby girl news! so exciting! i just know she'll be a cute little blondie like your boys. :)
Congrats to you and your family!! How exciting that #3 is a girl :)
lol..I love the picture of Jayden and Gavin at his party! My kids had so much fun. We are so excited for you guys to have a girl! Yay!! I will call you sometime soon and you can come take a look at our girl clothes to see if you want any. Congrats!!!
Congrats on the baby and yah for girls!!!
Conrats on baby #3 and I am soo excited for a girl! They are so sweet as babies!
Alisa
Post a Comment