Thursday, April 23, 2009

Funny How Things Work Out...

Almost 6 years ago, Greg started working here...


It was a great experience, but when things started to change a little and business died down, we got cold feet and decided it was time to get out. So he left and went here...

What a joke... But you all know about that by now. :) So THEN he went here...

Initially, it was better. But things progressively got worse and recently, when his job was being threatened everyday, we both decided it was time again to start actively looking for jobs before he lost this one. We applied at numerous different places, but as usual - no contact, no calls, no interviews. Just like last spring, I started bawling one day and said a huge prayer for some help and direction as to what we should do. And just hours later, Greg got a call from his friend Dan at T-Mobile saying they were opening a few new stores in Northern Utah and that he should apply. And here we are, a month later, with a new (or should I say old?) job at...

A bit surprising, I know, but we are so thrilled and happy! Ever since Greg quit T-Mobile just over a year ago, I don't think a day has gone by that we haven't regretted it. Sure, there were things we didn't like about it when he was there, but after experiencing what I consider two of the worst jobs ever (where Greg was treated like the scum of the earth on a daily basis), we couldn't be happier going back. The little things that bugged him about T-Mobile before aren't even a concern for us now after what he's been through this past year. We feel so blessed that things worked out the way they did, and extremely humbled that T-Mobile would even take him back. We also really appreciate his friends there who worked so hard to help get him back. If it weren't for them, Greg would still be at Qwest without any job prospects in sight.

Here's a great example of the drastic difference between a company like Qwest and a company like T-Mobile: When Greg went in to Qwest on Tuesday to give his 2 weeks notice, he was told to basically get out with no pay for the two-week notice he gave. After calling T-Mobile and telling his new manager what happened, he told Greg to take a day off, and then he could start at T-Mobile on Thursday (today) so he wouldn't have a huge gap in employment. Again, what a huge relief. Really, I just feel so blessed and humbled by the whole thing, and thrilled to see him doing what he loves again, instead of sitting in a cubicle all day, selling products over the phone to people who don't want to talk to him! And while I will obviously miss the Monday-Friday 8-5 schedule, seeing Greg happy and not dreading going to work everyday makes it all worth it! :) -Ash

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad everything worked out!!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I'm glad things have worked out the way they have! Just remember the 5 year rule...in 5 years, you will understand exactly why all of this happened! Hugs...

Josh said...

hey congrats bud!! that is so awesome for you! I miss aspects of T-Mobile too some days but love what i am doing here. I really love my M-F 6-3 schedule, plenty of time w/the family. Which store are you taking? Jake told me about the new stores last week, that is great, congrats again!

Poppy said...

Everyone should call Qwest and cancel their account...what a lame excuse for a company! I think it speaks volumes that T-Mobile wanted Greg back. It shows he was a true asset for the company. Congratulations to you both! Love Poppy

Rachel Seren said...

what a relief! I am glad it worked out.

Kyla Stevens said...

I am so happy for you two! I am glad that Greg will be at a job that he likes and will be treated like he should.

Elise & Ty said...

WOW! Lots of changes - Mike, Ty & now Greg all changed jobs since the first of the year! But, that means that we ALL know what a blessing a change for the GOOD is! I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck with the new/old job! :)

Tara said...

That is wonderful news! I am glad that everything worked out. I sure miss you. We need to get together and chat about life!

Emily said...

Yay! I'm so glad everything worked out - man, I know that was a super hard trial and thank goodness it's over. The power of prayer is amazing and thank heavens that you guys are back where you want to be - congratulations on the new (I mean old) job!!

Melany said...

that's a relief! ugh, isn't job stuff so frustrating? paul has been searching for a PR job for nearly a year now while the job market keeps getting worse and worse...but then at the same time we are so happy to have his warehouse job here in logan because an income is definitely nice. glad everything worked out!