Friday, April 10, 2009

Conference Weekend

We had a great Conference weekend, though I have to admit it was a bit stressful! The YW were in charge of Mutual this past week and we thought it might be fun to do Conference Jeopardy. Looking back, it was a great idea because it helped the youth actually watch and take notes, but a bad idea because it caused major stress on the leaders to get all the questions! :) So as you can imagine, I was kind of a stress case the whole weekend, shushing my kids so I could hear every word! Fortunately, we headed down to my parents and they were extremely helpful, taking the kids far away and letting me watch! :)

But even though it was stressful, I have to admit that it was one of the best Conferences I've ever heard, and it's probably because I was forced to listen so well! :) My favorite talks were by Elder Holland and Elder Hales. Elder Holland's talk about Christ's atonement and crucifixion was so touching - it was a good reminder of just how thankful we all need to be for Christ's sacrifice for us. And I loved Elder Hales talk too when he spoke about debt and being happy with what we have. We've struggled a lot financially since we left T-Mobile and have to had to miss out on numerous trips with my family, as well as cut back on a lot of our spending because we don't want to go into debt for anything. It's been a constant struggle and I get so upset about it sometimes, but hearing his talk made me realize that even though sometimes I get bitter that we can't do everything we want to and it seems like so many other people can, we're doing what's right, we're staying out of debt, we're all healthy and well, and that's what ultimately matters. So if you didn't hear those talks, go read them because they were awesome!

Anyway, here are some other highlights (in pictures) of the weekend:

Bathtime at Nana's with bubble bath,


Playing at the park,

And who can forget playing in the dirt?

Overall, it was a great weekend. So thanks Mom and Dad! -Ash

7 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Looks like fun!! Love the picture of the boys in the tub - ha!!

Poppy said...

Thanks for the blog, Sosha. Conference weekend at the Skousens is just as fun as any trip (and cheaper). Hope things start looking up for you guys! Love Poppy

Emily said...

I totally loved this conference too! It seems like the talks were so meant for us and what we needed to hear.

Your boys are seriously SO stinkin cute!! I can't believe how much bigger they look every time!

Lindsay and Mike said...

It was a fun weekend!

Elise & Ty said...

I'm glad you remembered to look at our blog finally! Check it again...I, like you, SUCK at blogging lately, but there's a new post. :) I'm glad you had a good weekend w/your fam...I LOVED those talks too!!! Your boys are too cute...it's fun to see what you're up to!

Tara said...

Fun pictures. I am glad you were able to listen to conference and get something out of it. Thank heavens for DVR so I could too! Your boys are getting big. They are cuties!

Melany said...

i know, it seems like the more effort you put into listening, the more you get out of conference. i think i totally would've lost at the conference jeporady game this year...

that swing picture of your two boys is way cute!