Monday, March 30, 2009

Yes, We're Still Alive...

I suck at blogging right now. What more can I say? :)

But we've been doing some fun stuff with our families this past month, and I thought I'd better post them now before I forget. As always, the boys have been thoroughly loved and spoiled!

A few weeks ago, my parents had Gavin down to spend the weekend with them. I decided to take him down on Thursday night and stay until Friday, and then Ty and I left that night so Gavin could have his special weekend alone with Nana and Poppy. :) That Friday (when I was still there), we had a blast! We took the boys to Build-A-Bear in the mall, which was so adorable. They both helped "build" their own bears, and then Gavin named his Max and Ty named his Jack. (Unfortunately, I don't have pics of them right now, but I'll have to post one soon!) Then, that night, my parents spoiled us and took my boys bowling for their first time. Gavin has always wanted to go bowling, but it's just so expensive that the closest he's ever gotten is Wii Bowling! :) As expected, the boys had a blast. Fat Cats had a stand that the boys could put their bowling balls on and then push them down, and the boys loved it. It was so fun! So thanks Mom and Dad, we had a great time! (More pics below...)

Oh the excitement!

(This was before we figured out they had the stands for little kids...)


Both boys loved watching their balls roll down the lane (and when I say roll, I mean crawling VERY VERY slowly! :) )

Strike!

(See his ball all the way down there at the other end? That awesome stand resulted in some strikes and spares, which made for some happy boys! :) )

After I left, Gavin did all sorts of fun things with Nana and Poppy - bike rides in Poppy's bike trailer, driving trucks in the dirt, playing at the park, and eating at McDonald's. Again, he was thoroughly spoiled and loved every second of it. So thanks Mom and Dad for giving him such a great weekend! He is still talking about it!

Then, this past weekend, we went up to Idaho because Greg's brother Mike and his family were coming in from Washington to baptize their son. It was such a great weekend to see the entire Swenson family - it has literally been YEARS since every single one of us has been together (and it may be years until we are all together again! Who knows?!) Gavin and Ty were once again spoiled rotten. Grandma and Grandpa put on an Easter Egg Hunt for all the kids and our kids had a blast (although the majority of the eggs that they picked were the real ones, not the fake ones filled with candy, so I think that left them a bit disappointed. I guess it's a good thing the Easter Bunny will return in a couple weeks!).



Tyler searching for eggs


Gavin checking out his loot...

Then, we all got together for family pictures yesterday. I'm sure it was hilarious to see all of Greg's siblings taking beautiful pictures with their kids, and then our family struggling to even get a shot of everybody looking at the camera! Aww, the joys of having young kids! Below are some side shots of what an adventure we had taking pictures!


Tyler's favorite pose - burying his head in my shoulder.


Now that Ty is looking, Gavin's not! (Not to mention Greg's arm pulling his pants in bizarre ways!)


This one doesn't look too bad - of course, with our luck, the photographer didn't get us at that exact second!

Last one! Oh, but Ty is looking away and Greg's tie is doing something bizarre. Seriously, why do we do this again?! :)

We then went to our nephew Marc's baptism which was a really neat experience. We don't get to see him or his family often where they live in Washington, so it was fun to be part of something that we didn't think we would be. We then drove home on treacherous roads, but fortunately made it home alive! :)

Oh, and one more highlight of the trip - Grandma and Grandpa's new dog Sophie! The boys loved her, if you can't tell from this picture of Ty...


Wow, we are seriously spoiled with some great family! :) Well, until next time... Whenever that may be... :) -Ash

8 comments:

The Redford Family said...

Your family is soooo cute!!! You look beautiful! I wish I lived closer so our kids could play! Gotta love the granparents spoiling weekends! Those make great memories!

Kristin and Dan said...

Thanks for passing along my message that I want them to give me their dog :) Too bad they didn't go for that idea... I can't imagine why not!?! ha.

Yay for updating the blog!

The Hagen's said...

You all are so cute! You always look so fantastic! You inspire me to be a ' hot mom'! :)

Kyla Stevens said...

I agree with Mandy, you are a hot momma.

And good job Ty for picking the best name for his bear: Jack!

Your family is so cute. I can't wait until my family gets better so that we can all get together again!

Poppy said...

I think taking pictures of Ty and Gavey involve losts of gigabytes from the digital camerma - but eventually one comes out just great (like your Christmas photo at Trolley Square.) Thanks for sharing Gavin with us! Love Poppy

Lindsay and Mike said...

Pictures of our family = Lots of work in photoshop.

Mallory said...

that's so fun that your kids go have sleepovers with your folks. I'm missing the thought of that-our folks will just have to come have sleepovers with us. :) I know what you mean about the blogging thing. I have no time to update or look at peoples. Right now it's 6 a.m. Hailey's screaming-I'm trying to ignore her to teach her to go to sleep on her own--our night's are getting worse!! I hope it works. Let's get together sometime with the kids-I'll be in touch after Easter.

Megan said...

Glad to hear things are going well, I hear you with the whole family picture ordeal. I think it is funny that the grandparents have a yorkie named Sophie, seriously, I thought I was looking at a picture of my dog! We have a yorkie with that exact coloring and her name is Sophie too!