Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trying My Hardest to Get Back on the Blogging Horse

Isn't it funny that 2 years ago, I was looking for anything and everything to blog about, and now, I absolutely dread blogging?! I guess I'm just really tired of it, but hopefully my love for it will come back soon. :) So here's what's been going on in our lives lately...

First, in my last blog, I said we should have some test results back for Sheila really soon, but after talking to Greg, I realized I was way off! We actually won't know anything for a few more months, so I will fill you all in when we know anything. In the meantime, she's been back in the hospital with a staph infection, but fortunately, she is doing better and should be going home soon. Thank you again for everybody's thoughts and prayers.


Second, is anybody else incredibly tired of the cold and being cooped up in the house?! :) I've been feeling so stir-crazy lately that I've been taking any opportunity to get out of the house that I can, even going out into the freezing cold and playing in the snow. The boys and I built a snowman last week and honestly, I still can't believe what a good time we had, especially since I despise the snow! The boys were a big help, and Gavin lovingly named our creation "the Abominable Snowman." Also, after finishing the snowman, Gavin insisted that we walk around him singing, "Once There Was a Snowman." :) Oh the things we do for our kids! Ha ha!

I also decided to head down to my parents' house a couple weeks ago when they were watching my nephews because again, I needed to get out of the house before I went crazy! The boys had a great time as they always do, and below are some pictures of what they did:

Playing with "Bebe Cohen"

Going on a ride in Poppy's bike carrier


And of course, playing in the snow!


And last, Greg turned the big 31 on Monday, so of course we had to celebrate! (That was sarcastic, of course - for those of you who don't know Greg very well, he hates attention and parties! But despite all of that, I'm a mean wife and still throw him parties! Ha ha...) Kristin's husband, Dan, had a birthday on Tuesday so we decided to throw them a joint party at our house on Sunday night and we had a really good time! Even the little boys got along extremely well, so based on all of that, I would call the party a major success! :)

Then, on Monday (Greg's actual birthday), my parents were able to get us some awesome tickets to the Jazz game! We were six rows behind the bench and loved every second of it - it was awesome to be able to see all the players so up close and personal. The Jazz beat the Hawks by double digits (I stopped watching the score after a while, so sorry I don't know the exact amount), but it was still a lot of fun. So thanks Mom and Dad for the awesome seats! It made Greg's day (and mine!). :) Below are the couple pics we were able to get before our camera battery died! :(



Warming up... Notice Boozer out there for the first time in a long time?

Larry H. Miller's empty seat - it's a sad sight.

Well, phew, that's over! Now I won't feel blogging guilt for at least another week! Ha ha! :) -Ash

8 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

I totally understand you on the blogging. I still enjoy checking others blogs, but writing mine feels like a chore sometimes.

Anonymous said...

It's great to get caught up with the Swensons...thanks for the blog. Glad you and Greg loved the seats. Its an entirely different experience up close at a Jazz game. Love Poppy

Kristin and Dan said...

Good job blogging, yay! I can't get over how stinkin cute the pictures are! That one of ty and gavie by the snowman is sooo stinkin cute! (And I'm quite good at the Snowman song thanks to my awesome calling ha ha) and then other pic of them with Cocoa was adorable too! Good post!

Kyla Stevens said...

Happy Birthday Greg!

Ash, I hear you on feeling stir crazy and I also have no desire to blog!

I can't wait for spring.

Elise & Ty said...

Happy Birthday Greg!

I just commented, but I don't think it worked...you can visit our blog now, but it's not much to look at. I'm about as motivated to blog as you are! :)

Melany said...

i totally feel you on the being cooped up because of winter thing. i so want to be able to go walks with penny and stuff. dang you logan and your long winters!

Anonymous said...

p.s. You forgot to mention that Gavin and Ty were trying to build roads with their trucks in the frozen mud...now that's dedication! Love Poppy

Lindsay and Mike said...

Glad Greg had a good birthday! Your snowman was super cute! Good job!