First, I just want to thank all of you who have been so great and supportive during all of this. We've appreciated all the thoughts, prayers, and phone calls, as well as hearing other people's experiences with cancer and how it has affected their lives. All of that has really helped us a lot, so thank you SO much.
Well, we thought we would hear back on Sheila's lab results last week, but I guess things took longer than expected, so we didn't hear back until last night. The polyps they biopsied all came back as being malignant, and they classified her as having Stage 3 Colon Cancer (Stage 4 is the worst). Greg's brother, Jeff (the doctor), said that on paper, things look pretty bad and based on just that, he wouldn't give her great odds. However, he participated in the blessing Greg's dad gave her the night of her surgery, where Greg's dad said she would "recover fully from this," and Jeff said the spirit was so strong during it that he is really hopeful. So we are all trying to exercise our faith right now and just pray that things turn out okay. At this point, we don't know if the cancer has spread anywhere else, but we will find out within the next week or so after she goes to a specialist in Pocatello. I assume that once they know exactly what the cancer is doing and where it is moving, they will decide on chemotherapy at that point.
Well, I will keep the blog updated as we find out more, but hopefully in the meantime, I can also start posting about our crazy family again! I'm sure you've all been missing that greatly... Ha ha! A huge THANK YOU again for all your support - we've appreciated it so much. -Ash
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
An Update on Greg's Mom
Posted by
The Swensons
at
2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ash- I wish I had something inspirational or comforting to say. I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and hope you can Greg can receive the comfort you need and deserve during this hard time.
I think the world of you!
-Cortney
I can't imagine how hard this is for you and your family but we will be praying for you!! I hope Gregs mom can beat this.
Thanks for the update, Sosha. We hope all goes well as Shiela recovers and that you and Greg will find comfort in knowing that you have lots of support. Love Poppy
So sad to hear about gregs mom! I hope next week brings better news.
We are so sorry you guys are having to go through all of this, we will keep you in our prayers!!
Wow, am I ever a slacker! I need to check blogs more often! I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law! Keep praying and focus on the blessing. They do work! Give her our love and support. I am sure she (as well as you guys) are going to need all you can get over the coming months!
Ashlee, we will keep you guys in our prayers. We hope only the best for your family!
Ash!! I haven't checked in on your blog forever, so I'm just getting up to speed on this. I'm SO SORRY to hear about Greg's mom. You will be in our prayers. We love you guys and hope that things go as well as the blessing she received said they will.
Post a Comment