This past week has really made me realize that we are officially in the Terrible Twos! And I have not been thrilled about it. While Gavin has never been a perfect angel by any means, he has been a pretty good little 2-year-old so far... of course, that is until this week!It all started on Monday when I asked him if he would go get a haircut. I pulled every bribe out of the book to get him to go, promising him anything from treats to 1 hour worth of Greg playing cars with him, but he refused. Then I told him about all of his friends and relatives that get haircuts, and how they're so much fun (ha ha), but he still said no. (And you should have seen his hair! He was starting to grow a mullet!) So I finally ran out of patience and laid down the law (or so I thought), and told him I was cutting his hair and there was nothing he could do about it. We don't have a razor so I just used my haircutting scissors, and since it can be a little tricky to cut an entire head of hair with those, I really needed him to sit still. Well he would have none of that, so we put him in Ty's high chair and forced him to sit there. He screamed literally the entire time. You would have thought we were torturing him by the sounds of his screams! In the end, it took me 30 minutes just to cut his hair (that picture to the left is the awfully short result)! It was ridiculous. And there were numerous cut lines in his hair from times when he would move right when I was cutting, which look just lovely! Thank heavens his hair grows quickly... the only problem with that is that in a month or so, I will be fighting him to get another haircut. Oh joy...
Then on Tuesday, we invited my family to our house for Pioneer Day (more on that later). Gavin became incredibly possessive of his toys (a very new thing, getting worse by the day) and refused to share them with Connor and Aiden. He would literally pick up armfuls of cars and carry them around with him just so his cousins couldn't play with them! I'm shocked that even though he has probably over 100 little cars, and can't possibly play with them all at once, he just can't find it in himself to share! Oh, the madness! I am just so frustrated with this possessiveness problem so if any of you fellow moms out there have discovered a solution, PLEASE let me know! :)
But anyway, the night ended on a better note by us having a barbecue which Kristin was able to come down for, and we just hung out after that. It was a great night to be outside because it was actually cool for once!
2 comments:
Gavin's little hand looks so sore! I hope he's okay! I would like to tell you that life gets easier after the terrible twos, but I don't think it does. There aren't quite as many temper tantrums, but when they do occur...they last longer & the screams are louder!
Wait till Gavin hits the terrible 53s! He'll be unbearable then...or at least his wife will think so. So sorry to hear about and see Gavin's little hand. I guess we all have to learn the lessons of life, including being the mom to a 2 year old. Great post, Sosh. Love Poppy
Post a Comment