I know this is a HUGE shocker to you all, but I'm back! And when I say "you all", I know I'm probably talking to a few members of my family because everybody else has given up on this blog. :) Life has just been nuts, and frankly, I've grown tired of blogging. But I realized recently that even though I'm sick of it, it's the only journaling I do so I need to keep on top of it!
Since I've obviously missed so much over the past 8 months, I'm just going to do a "condensed" overview of what's gone on with all of us since I wrote last! (Well, as "condensed as I - the ultimate talker - can be!)
Greg is doing well and staying busy. Back in the fall, he completed an entire kitchen cabinet job which was a big deal for him! It was a huge kitchen so obviously it was a lot of work, but he did a great job and the family was really happy with it. Since then, the cabinets have come to a stop though because of the BEST NEWS EVER! :) Greg finally got out of T-Mobile and got an awesome new job! He is now working for Marketstar in Ogden as a North American Field Marketing Manager. Basically, he manages their marketing account for HTC phones for all of North America. He has about 100 people below him spread out all over Canada and the United States, so obviously some travelling is involved, but he is absolutely loving it and so am I! It's so great to finally have him not working weekends anymore, and also not be micro-managed so much. His confidence has gone through the roof because he finally has managers who trust him to make good decisions, and praise him when he does. So different from T-Mobile!
As for me, I'm just keeping busy with 3 kiddos! Some days are great, and others are a struggle, but I have to admit that having 3 has been easier than I expected. I'm really loving it and feel like our family is complete with our sweet little Ella! I am still teaching piano lessons, but am going to be done at the end of May. After almost 4 years of doing it in this neighborhood, it is definitely a bittersweet thing. I've really come to love all of my students and seeing them progress, but at the same time, it takes time away from my kids that I can't get back. Plus, it's pure chaos when I teach, with my boys' extreme noisieness and Ella wanting to be on my lap playing the piano. I also got called as the YW President in our ward last November, which has only added to my craziness! We currently have just over 40 Young Women, so it definitely keeps me busy. I am fortunate though to have great counselors and advisors who help out A LOT. :)
It's hard to believe that Gavin is 6 already and almost done with Kindergarten! He started all-day Kindergarten back in September and has excelled at an unbelievable rate. I am so proud of him! He is already reading at a 1st grade level, and as of his last progress report in March, he had hit every Kindergarten benchmark with the highest scores possible! While he and Ty sometimes struggle together (I'm sure because their boys), Gavin is still such a great big brother. He is always looking out for Ty, especially when other kids are around, and absolutely LOVES Ella. Gavin is definitely our outdoors boy, which means he's been an active kid the past few weeks! He's really gotten into soccer lately and will start T-Ball next month. He also taught himself how to ride his bike without training wheels last Friday! Greg had tried numerous times with him, but he just always struggled and wanted to stop trying. Well, we got new carpet last Friday (another post for another day!) so his bike with training wheels was stuck in the garage behind our old carpet. He kept begging Greg to get it out, but Greg was busy and kept telling him, "Just a minute." So he decided to get out his old bike (with no training wheels) and came back in 5 minutes later saying, "Don't worry about it, Dad. I taught myself how to ride my bike with no training wheels." What a kid!
Ty is 4 now, and started his first year of preschool back in September. Of course, he loves it and like Gavin, has really excelled. At his parent-teacher conference, his teacher told us he is at the top of his class and is even above where he should be. I owe this to Gavin who loves to play school with him! He is still our cuddly, sweet boy. In fact, we've started calling him "our monkey" because he will climb all over you given the chance! Ty's also taken a huge liking to any kind of video game - Wii, computer games, his Leapster - to the point that I've had to put MAJOR limits on them! I'm so afraid of having a "gamer" child! Luckily, now that the weather is warming up, he is loving being outside which definitely helps with that addiction. :)
And Ella - where do I even start?! She has grown up SO much! I can't believe that in 10 days, she will be 11 months! Her first birthday will be here before I know it, and it makes me so sad! I have absolutely loved having a baby again, and it's hard for me to see her grow out of that "baby" stage. But at the same time, it has been a blast to see her do so many new fun things! She now waves, plays patty-cake, sits up perfectly, and will maneuver herself around the floor with her arms and legs. She still isn't crawling though and I'm not expecting it anytime soon. She absolutely refuses to put any weight on her legs, which I think will delay the crawling and walking stage! Her doctor isn't worried about her - we just think she's being lazy - but my guess is she will probably have to start some kind of physical therapy if she isn't doing it by her birthday. She is still such a happy, sweet, smiley baby. You just look at her and she will give you a huge grin. She's also been cracking us up lately because when we look at her, she puts her arms up in the air almost like she's saying, "Ta-Da!" It's too cute! Maybe she's watched the Price is Right a few too many times with me, and is aspiring to be a model. :) Ella is still healthy as can be, despite her rough start at life. She did contract RSV in February, but was never hospitalized - I never even had to take her up to the RSV clinic at the hospital, so I felt fortunate for that!
Well there's a "condensed" version of the past 8 months. I have lots more to tell, but better "condense" them into other posts! Along with more pics... :) -Ashlee
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Yes, Miracles Do Happen!
Posted by
The Swensons
at
9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It's an Easter miracle!!! YAY for blogging!! Lately I have been writing a lot more shorter posts about the big things and even the really little things... even though I'm now writing a few posts a week, it's a lot more fun and less time-consuming since they're shorter and only on one event at a time. Sometimes its just one picture and one paragraph. Give it a try! They're fun to look back on and read in a blog book. And remember how it was YOU that talked me into starting a blog?! And now it's me who's having to talk YOU into it now! :)
Well, I am in shock! Complete shock...but in a good way! Good job sista for getting back into the blogging world. :)
Welcome back to the blog world. I can't believe that Ella is almost one already, that is insane! Your boys are getting so big too, very handsome. You should let me know when you are down sometime, I'm sure Benson and Ty would have a blast playing together. It's so fun to hear about all your cute kiddos. Sounds like the boys take after you in school!
Glad you are back!!! I can't believe you have 40 young women!!! Crazy!!! Glad you are doing so well!!!
I'm glad you are going to be a blogger. I love reading blogs.
Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Thanks for the catch up! I can't believe Gav taught himself how to ride a bike (a natural, it seems) and Ty is a monkey! Ella doesn't want to crawl because she's knows everyone is ga-ga over her. Thanks for the blog!
Glad to hear things are going well for you! Congrats to Greg on his new job - how exciting! The kids look great, so cute!!
Post a Comment