Friday, March 23, 2007

Something New!

I have to admit... life has been very boring lately! Well, maybe "boring" is the wrong word. My 2 kids (or should I say 3 since my husband acts like a child!) definitely keep me occupied 24/7. So, now that I think about it, "monotonous" would be a much better word to describe my life! While I typically thrive on monotony (believe it or not), I have needed something new in my life lately. So when my sister Lindsay created her own blog about a month ago, I thought maybe it would be a good hobby for me and help relieve the stay-at-home mom syndrome that I have been feeling lately. After all, I always like to talk about myself and my family, and now I will have a great excuse!

While most of you know our family pretty well by now, I thought I better give you an update as to what we are all up to! As I mentioned earlier, I am just staying at home with the kids right now. While that probably sounds pretty easy and boring, it's anything but! I'm the cook, the maid, the diaper changer, the peacemaker, the discipliner, the tear-wiper, and of course, the nagger (as my husband can attest)! While it can drive me crazy sometimes, I really do enjoy being home and love that I get to spend so much time with my kids.


Greg is work, work, work as usual. He still manages the T-Mobile store in Riverdale and really enjoys it (and... sadly enough, I kind of enjoy having him gone so the house stays somewhat orderly!). In a desperate plea to escape my nagging, he is going back to school in May where he will get his bachelor's degree in Technical Sales. He has about 2 years left, but if he has it his way, he will get through in 1 1/2 years. We'll see!!! ;) Despite all this craziness in his life, Greg still finds time to spend with us... and his '68 VW Bug, of course. He loves that little car and has great vision for it - unfortunately, that vision takes time and money which are both quite limited right now, so don't expect anything too soon! ;)

Gavin is two now, and a true two-year-old at that! He throws tantrums all over the place, draws on any surface available, and refuses to go to bed at night! When he isn't involved in any of that though, he can be a real sweetheart. He talks constantly, always wants to give hugs and kisses, and even occasionally wants to help me clean! He loves everything from cars to Buzz Lightyear to other little kids (including his little brother), and really does make life unpredictable everyday!

Tyler was born on December 12th, making him just over three months now. I call him my angel baby, because he really is! He is a great sleeper, rarely cries, and loves his mommy! ;) Could I ask for anything better? He is starting to coo now and loves any attention he can get. His biggest smiles always come when brother Gavin is trying to play with him, and I am hoping they will be great friends one day.

Life is great for us, and maybe through this blog you can have a glimpse of that! We will try to post a few times a month, so keep coming back! -Ash

7 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Watch out! It can be addicting! It looks great so far!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea. It is great to see how you are doing. Cute kids. Great to hear from you!!

Anonymous said...

Ash! I was so happy to read this. Holly cow gavin is HUGE!!!! I miss you tons and love ya lots

Anonymous said...

What cute grandkids!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow.
everyone is getting so old, i mean the 3 kids(yes as you said that is counting greg)! Ash you like as young as ever=)! I miss you guys and hope you can come down to this rainy, boring place called vancouver.hehe. We're up in Boise again this year for soccer if my dad hasnt told greg yet so hopefully you guys can come up and we can spend some (quality)time together as a family.
hope to talk to you soon!
-love ya.

Anonymous said...

hello sister! i am very offended that you did not talk about me in this, but i guess you have plenty of time to do that! :) haha jk. i have a song for you:

i love you
you love me
we're a happy family
with a great big blog
and a comment from me to you
won't you say you love me too?

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Ashlee. It always brightens our day to see those two special little boys and also (Greg and Ashlee).

Sounds like things are great in Roy! Loved seeing and hearing from you. Love, Mom and Dad Swenson