As many of you may know by now, we lost Greg's mom last night. While we are so sad at the thought of not seeing her again in this life, she fought her cancer as hard as anyone could and we are so proud of her for her strength. She was diagnosed with colon cancer just over 13 months ago and since that time, I honestly don't know if I ever heard her complain about it. She was just always so upbeat and positive, and I will always admire her for that. She also had an amazing amount of faith in the Lord. Whenever she was given a blessing, she put her full trust in it with the most unwavering faith I have ever seen. It was such a good example to me, and I hope one day to be that way too.
We are all doing well, especially Greg and his family. I think we are all feeling so grateful for the gospel right now and the knowledge it gives us that she is in a better place and we know we will see her again. The thought of her being out of bed and out of pain is so uplifting to me. I told the boys last night that maybe she is up in heaven running around with their baby sister! :) And I bet she is up there with our little girl, which is such a neat thought to me.
I will write more later but for now, we love you, Sheila. You truly were such a wonderful mother, grandmother, and friend. We will miss you more than words can express. -Ashlee
6 comments:
So sorry! I'm sure she is up there prepping your little gal for what is to come in a few months!
Ashlee- So sorry for you loss. She seems like an amazing woman. Isn't it great to know that she IS up there with your baby girl? We love you! You guys are in our prayers!
I had seen you posting updates about her on facebook this week and had been thinking about you guys. I don't know how people go through such hard times without the gospel! You and Greg are great examples of faith, I'm sure that she's very proud!
Thanks for your comments, I had no idea Ty had asthma, I never really knew how scary it could be! I am still holding on to the hope that Ashton will outgrow this, but I think the odds are against me :)
I'm glad we both made it through this week!
Oh Ashlee, what a difficult experience for you, Greg, and Greg's family. I have met Sheila once and know how warm and happy she was.
I am greatful that she isn't in pain anymore.
We love you!
We need to see each other again soon.
So sorry to see her pass on, especially under such difficult circumstances. She fought a good fight and I'm sure she was happy to be free of the pain. I'm certain she was welcomed by many friends and family members on the other side of the veil. Our condolences to you, Greg, the boys, Alan and Greg's brothers and sisters. Love Dad
I'm so sorry Sosh and Greg. Hang in there, and let me know if I can help you guys with anything. We love you!
Post a Comment